“Maybe you’ve never danced before in your life but want to be able to get down at the clubs? Maybe you like Hip Hop music and culture and want to find out more about the dancing side? Maybe you know about Hip Hop styles, but want to learn more about the technical side of Popping or Breaking? Maybe you’ve been dancing for years and want to meet other people interested in the same thing that you love.
Whatever the reason you are in the RIGHT place!
Dancekool is the first and finest street dance studio in Sydney. Founded in 2002 as the only studio focused around hip hop, over the years we have developed a reputation for authentic street styles and professional teaching. Our experienced international family of instructors have learned from the best and have taught and performed all over the world from Japan to the US, China to the Philippines. All have extensive expertise in Hip Hop, Popping, Locking, Breaking, House and Street Jazz and are ready to teach you how to be a great dancer.
All levels from Absolute beginners to Advanced are offered as well as Basic and Performance courses throughout the year in the different styles. In addition Dancekool instructors regularly hold private classes and workshops to supplement regular classes. With studios in City, Chatswood and Parramatta, we run over 40 classes every week in addition to regular classes in youth centers and universities all over Sydney
Dancekool also runs or is involved with many dance events throughout the year to encourage the growth and showcasing of hip hop dance. These have become a centre stage for some of the most explosive battles and showcases of local dance teams and interstate dancers, Dancekool’s students and instructors, and of course many international dancers/bboys. These events help to encourage and promote Australia’s professional and non-professional DJs, MCs and dancers as well as giving all of our students ample opportunities to perform and show what they have learned.
Dancekool hopes to teach and encourage hip hop dance in Sydney. Come join us and have some fun, learn about the culture of Hip Hop Dance and become a great dancer!
For more information and inquiry about dance performance, upcoming events, lessons, workshops, partnerships and sponsorships, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Akio Kato – Studio Manager
Phone: 0430 522 876 (during studio hours)
Dancekool has been involved in many highly successful professional performances at various shows and gigs. Some of these include:
- Teachers part of the Top 20 of So You Think You Can Dance Australia 2009,
- Choreographing dance performances for So You Think You Can Dance Australia,
- Choreography and dancers for the movie The Mask II,
- Dancers apearing on various programs on Channel V, Aurora TV, ABC, SBS, and Channel 7 & 9.
- Performances for The Art Gallery of New South Wales, the Syndey City Council
- Universities such as USYD, UNSW and UTS open days and special events.
- International events such as International Music and Dance festival at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall and the Japan vs Australia celebrations at Circular Quay.
- Festivals for various culture groups and convetions places such as Darling Harbour and Town Hall and Olympic Park
Want to receive the latest workshop and event info or simply have questions about classes or Dancekool?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquires.”